Instructions: Use the definitions below to discover the correct term and then find the term in the puzzle.
- A short-term prison that uses military boot-camp training and discipline techniques to rehabilitate offenders; often used for young offenders.
- The time deducted from an inmate’s prison sentence for good behavior.
- A secure facility that typically holds arrestees, criminal suspects, and inmates serving sentences less than a year.
- A personal status that overwhelms all others.
- Time deducted from an inmate’s sentence for doing something special or extra, such as getting a GED.
- When criminal justice programs pull more clients into the system than would otherwise be involved without the program.
- The report prepared by a probation officer to assist a judge in sentencing; also called a pre-sentence report.
- A form of probation supervision that is contracted to for-profit private agencies by the state.
- Continuing to break the criminal law and returning to the criminal justice system after being processed for other offenses in past.
- The practice of sentencing offenders to prison, allowing them to serve a short time, and then granting them probation without their prior knowledge.