Operations Management is an innovative media and text package that clearly demonstrates the relevance of operations to everyday business activities. Introducing all of the core topics in a lively and engaging manner, authors Peter Jones and Peter Robinson make the material relevant and meaningful to students, including those with no background in the subject. They first introduce the unique structure of operations management before moving on to operations design and strategy, thereby mirroring what graduates will encounter in their future careers.
The text is supplemented by a unique integrated media package available on the companion website--running video case material, animated diagrams, and voiced-over quantitative models linked via QR codes in the text--that shows students how core operations theory is applied to real-world situations.
Packed full of case material and examples from companies that students can easily relate to--such as Domino's, EasyJet, and Ticketmaster--Operations Management challenges students to think about actual business issues and what they might encounter in their future careers. Real-life problems are used to carefully explain quantitative data, and links to seminal papers throughout each chapter support and strengthen the theories discussed.
The Companion Website (coming soon!) contains resources for both students and instructors:
* Animated diagrams from the book, accompanied by audio that helps to explain concepts
* An annotated library of links to footage of "Operations in Action"
* Web-based activities
* Multiple-choice questions
* Seminal paper links
* Downloadable flashcard glossary
* Customized video case material (interviews and processes tied to each chapter). Broken down into five-minute clips, these can either be shown in relation to a chapter topic or as a whole film demonstrating how one company utilizes many aspects of OM.
* Customizable PowerPoint-based slides
* Tutor guide
* Tutorial activities
* Answers to discussion questions
* Test bank