- What is a fallacy?
- According to the text, what are two broad
categories of fallacies?
- What is the genetic fallacy? Is the origin of a
claim ever relevant to the truth of a claim?
- What is the fallacy of composition?
- What is the fallacy of division?
- What is the appeal to the person? What are two
forms that this fallacy can take?
- What is the fallacy of tu quoque?
- What is poisoning the well?
- What is the fallacy of equivocation?
- What is appeal to the masses? Can what many
people say on a subject ever provide reasons for believing a claim?
- What is appeal to tradition?
- What is appeal to ignorance? What are the two
main types of this fallacy?
- What is the burden of proof? Usually the burden
of proof rests on what side in a disagreement?
- What is the appeal to emotion? What is rhetoric?
Is there anything inherently wrong with using rhetoric to persuade someone?
When is the use of rhetoric fallacious?
- What is the fallacy of red herring?