Practical, relevant, and with implementation at its core, this is the ideal guide to strategic marketing. The fourth edition offers extensively-revised global examples throughout, and unique interviews with practitioners to give invaluable real-world insights and advice.
- Using a clear four-part structure, West et al. presents a robust marketing strategy framework to help students understand how strategic marketing is approached and conducted in the real world.
- Uses a diverse range of case studies in each chapter to demonstrate how organizations such as GameStop, IKEA, and Marriott develop their marketing strategies and maintain their competitive advantage.
- Takes a strategic perspective, rather than marketing management perspective, helping students to understand the impact marketing strategy has on an organization.
- Features a range of learning tools such as case studies, practitioner insights, review and discussion questions, key terms, and new further reading suggestions to support students in all aspects of their learning journey.
- Offers fully-updated online resources for students, including case study guidance, multiple-choice questions, and links to additional resources, and a a comprehensive teaching resource package for lecturers.
New to this edition
- Matteo Montecchi joins the author team bringing his expertise in digital and social media marketing.
- Substantial updates reflect the latest digital advancements, including new and extended coverage of artificial intelligence, big data, and social media branding strategies.
- Additional coverage of socio-political issues such as the global COVID-19 pandemic, the Black Lives Matter movement, and the complexities around gender segmentation provide students with up to date explorations of the importance of such developments for marketers.
- Each chapter opens with a new 'Practitioner insight' feature, which offers practical advice from those working at the forefront of strategic marketing. Hear from professionals operating across Africa, Europe, and Asia as they share their highs and lows to help future marketers succeed.
- Three-quarters of the case studies are new for this edition. They include Facebook Audience Insights, Tesco in South Korea, MG Motor India, and the fascinating collaboration between Art Institute of Chicago and AirBnb.
- International marketing strategy is now woven throughout the text to better reflect the international market place.
- New self-test multiple-choice questions, flashcard glossaries, and case study guidance for students are available as part of the online resources together with extended case studies with teaching notes for lecturers.
- New full-colour text design and additional figures, diagrams, and images help bring the topic to life.
About the Author(s)
Douglas West, Professor of Marketing, King's College London, John Ford, Professor & Eminent Scholar, Department of Marketing, Old Dominion University, Essam Ibrahim, Cairo University, and Matteo Montecchi, Lecturer in Marketing, King's College London
Doug West was Professor of Marketing, King's College London. Prior to this he was Professor of Marketing at Birmingham Business School, and Director of the MARCOMS Research Centre at the University of Westminster. Previously he has held positions at South Bank, Henley Management College, and the
University of Calgary.
John Ford is Professor and Eminent Scholar at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia. He specializes in international marketing strategic issues, and his specific interests in research include cross-cultural advertising and marketing research issues.
Essam Ibrahim was a Professor of Marketing, the British University in Egypt (BUE). Prior to this he has held various academic positions in Marketing Departments at the University of Edinburgh, University of Strathclyde, Manchester Metropolitan University, and Huddersfield University. He specialises in marketing strategy and international marketing.
Matteo Montecchi is Lecturer in Marketing, King's College London. Previously Matteo held the positions of senior lecturer, course leader and programme director at University of the Arts London, London College of Fashion).
"A clear and user-friendly text addressing the needs of the modern marketing decision-maker.
" - Dr Edel Foley, Technological University Dublin
"Comprehensive and detailed discussion about marketing strategy that covers a range of essential concepts and their applicability across the globe.
" - Dr Kathy-Ann Fletcher, Abertay University