The most comprehensive introduction to social research methods which guides students through the whole research process from formulating a research question to writing up.
New to this edition
Alan Bryman, Professor of Organisational and Social Research, University of Leicester
Alan Bryman is Professor of Organisational and Social Research at the University of Leicester.
Review from previous edition Perfectly organized and precisely written, Bryman's Social Research Methods remains the essential text. The book will continue to underpin research methods teaching across the social sciences, and to shape, guide and spur on the work of current and future generations of social researchers. - Richard Giulianotti, Professor of Sociology, Durham University
This book is an indispensable guide for every social science student, introducing the fundamental principles and underlying theories of the subject, while also offering a practical toolkit for carrying out social research. - Hannah Russell, MA Student in Social Research (Social Policy), University of Birmingham
This book is supported by an Online Resource Centre, which includes:
· A researcher's toolkit to take students step by step through the research process
· Multiple choice questions to test students' knowledge and understanding
· A guide to using Excel in data analysis to help develop analytical skills
· A test bank which can be customized to meet teaching needs
· PowerPoint slides for each chapter
· New seminar outlines including activities and tasks
· New exam and course work questions to set in class