The most accessible introduction to corporate governance, providing broad, international coverage, whilst illustrating real world governance in action.
- A range of excellent student-focused learning features including examples, mini cases, and Financial Times extracts illustrate varied and thought-provoking corporate governance issues in action in the real world.
- Written by a subject expert who is well-known and highly respected in the field.
- A straightforward, accessible writing style provides a clear overview of governance for students new to the subject.
- A dedicated part on international corporate governance provides a truly global approach to the subject, further augmented by the many international examples included in the learning features throughout.
New to this edition
- Updated and extended coverage of CSR, culture, board diversity, and executive remuneration, including organizations' new responsibilities and directions for change.
- New and updated case studies on organizations as varied as IKEA, L'Oréal, Volkswagen, Tata, and Samsung contextualize key issues in international corporate governance.
- New Financial Times extracts throughout highlight the most contemporary developments in corporate governance.
- Updated national and international codes, guidance, and legislation take into account the latest legal and policy changes.
About the Author(s)
Christine Mallin, Professorial Fellow at Norwich Business School, University of East Anglia, and Honorary Professor, Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration, The Open University of Hong Kong
"Coverage is comprehensive and the text is readable and alive...more accessible than some of the other law- or finance-heavy texts in this area." - Ms Joanne Atkinson, University of Portsmouth
"Mallin remains my preferred text due to its accessibility, currency, and its use of case studies. It enlivens the discipline to students." - Ms Mariette Jones, Middlesex University London
"Covers the essentials of corporate governance in an accessible way." - Sarah Fitzgerald, York St John University
"The book addresses important concepts and variables in a pedagogical way." - Dr Daniel Johanson, Norwegian School of Economics
"The text is readable and alive...more accessible than some of the other law - or finance - heavy texts in this area." - Joanne Atkinson, University of Portsmouth
"Remains my preferred text due to its accessibility, currency, and its use of case studies. It enlivens the discipline to students." - Mariette Jones, Middlesex University London
"Impeccably researched and updated, it is an essential source of reference for business leaders, practitioners, academics, regulators, and policy makers. Very useful and highly informative." - Philip Armstrong, Director: Governance, Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance
"A useful text that provides a solid foundation for any corporate governance module.
" - Dr Emer Gallagher, Liverpool John Moores University