Market-leading and first choice for students and lecturers, Blackstone's Statutes have an unrivalled tradition of trust and quality. With a rock-solid reputation for accuracy, reliability, and authority, Blackstone's Statutes provide a careful selection of all the up-to-date legislation students need for exams and course use.
- Unparalleled coverage of criminal justice and sentencing law, carefully selected to include all the up-to-date legislation relevant to the course
- Unannotated primary and secondary legislation, allowing students to take this book into examinations
- Detailed table of contents, a clear text design, and a new tab system to aid navigation and make it easy for students to locate the legislation they need
- Visit www.oxfordtextbooks.co.uk/orc/statutes/ for accompanying online resources including additional legislation, video guides to reading and interpreting statutes, exam tips, and an interactive sample Act of Parliament
New to this edition
- The sixth edition has been fully updated to include amendments introduced by the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014, the Offender Rehabilitation Act 2014, the Serious Crime Act 2015 and the Criminal Justice and Courts Act 2015.
About the Author(s)
Edited by Nicola Padfield, Reader in Criminal and Penal Justice, Fitzwilliam College, University of Cambridge
Nicola Padfield is Master of Fitzwilliam College and Reader in Criminal and Penal Justice at the University of Cambridge.
I am very impressed with the scope of the statute book. It is professionally presented and easy for students to use. - Dr. Tom Frost, Lecturer in Legal Theory, University of Sussex
This work is an intelligent selection of the legislation and other normative materials needed at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. - Owen Warnock, Emeritus Professor, School of Law, University of East Anglia
An excellent and comprehensive collection of needed statutes. - Dr Bruce Wardhaugh, Senior Lecturer in Law, University of Manchester
Blackstones Statues are a very reliable series. Up-to-date legislation, with a good match for teaching needs. Students appreciate the clear layout and easy reference materials. Ideal for exam use. - Renu Barton-Hanson, Associate Professor in Law, Middlesex University
With an excellent selection of statutes and a clean, accessible layout, Blackstone's have long been the go-to series for statute books - Lee Roach, Senior Lecturer in Law, University of Portsmouth
With their reputation for accuracy and expertly-selected legislation, the Blackstone's Statutes have been well-received by students for decades. - Chris Bevan, Associate Professor in Property Law, Durham Law School
Review from previous edition The Blackstone's Statutes series is an excellent compilation of statutes and legislation. Each title contains carefully selected legislation by experts in the area and the layout and design make the books user friendly and handy. Each title is an invaluable tool to students and academics in the particular field. - Dr Hedvig Schmidt, Associate Professor in EU Law, University of Southampton