HE Archive houses a large collection of typographical equipment from OUP's print shop. Selected items from the collection are on display in OUP's museum.
Major items include:
- The Fell Type collection of punches, matrices, and wooden initials obtained by John Fell from Holland in the 17th century
- Compositors' benches from Fell's print shop in the Sheldonian Theatre
- Engraved copper plates for the Oxford Almanacks and for book decoration
- Printing machinery, including Stanhope, Albion, and Star Wheel presses, and a Monotype keyboard and caster
- Hand moulds, ink balls, stereotype plates, and other tools for printing and engraving