Study Guides for CSEC have been developed and written by CXC to provide CSEC candidates in schools and colleges with resource materials to help them prepare for their examinations. Matching the topics in the syllabus, the student-friendly structure and content enable students to develop their skills and confidence as they approach the examination.
- Features of the guides include:
- Introduction, placing what is to be studied in context
- Objectives setting out the key points in each section and identifying the specific knowledge and skills to be acquired
- Examples clearly set out to illustrate a learning point and to guide students to an understanding of the concept being taught. These provide background to Activities
- Activities, providing opportunities to think as well as do
- Feedback. This is provided for each Activity and provides insights into what is required to complete any Activity successfully as well as providing suggested answers to support self-study students
- End test, after each section to ensure that the knowledge and skills identified in the objectives have been acquired. The End Test is accompanied by a feedback section, providing answers.
- Key points, summarising the concepts that need to be learned and special attention paid to
This page was last updated on 24 March 2019 at 04:30 GMT