Created by leading authors Sue Palmer, Pie Corbett and Ann Webley, Igniting Writing is specifically designed to engage your pupils and fire their imaginations in preparation for writing. This blended series comprises of 2 inspirational multi-media CD-ROMs for use by the teacher on an interactive whiteboard and 4 pupil books (one each for Years 3, 4, 5 and 6) covering fiction, non-fiction and poetry genres.
- Carefully graded pupil books, for years 3 to 6, focus on the core skills and will help pupils develop their ideas and gain confidence in their writing ability.
- Providing coverage of a range of text types and genres, including narrative, drama, poetry, recount, instructional, reports, explanatory, persuasive and discursive writing, following the NLS objectives for Teaching English at KS2.
- Designed to support the CDs, Igniting Writing Pupils' Books offer a skills-based approach to aid pupils in extended writing tasks for fiction, non-fiction and poetry.
- Uses Sue Palmer's writing skeletons to help pupils' structure both fiction and non-fiction writing.
- Pupil Books can also be used independently of the CDs as a standalone resource.
This page was last updated on 21 May 2017 at 04:30 GMT