Igniting Writing is specifically designed to engage your pupils and fire their imaginations in preparation for writing. This blended series comprises of 2 inspirational multi-media CD-ROMs for use by the teacher on an interactive whiteboard and 4 pupil books (one each for Years 3, 4, 5 and 6) covering fiction, non-fiction and poetry genres.
- Carefully graded pupil books, for years 3 to 6, focus on the core skills and will help pupils develop their ideas and gain confidence in their writing ability.
- Providing coverage of a range of text types and genres, including narrative, drama, poetry, recount, instructional, reports, explanatory, persuasive and discursive writing, following the NLS objectives for Teaching English at KS2.
- Designed to support the CDs, Igniting Writing Pupils' Books offer a skills-based approach to aid pupils in extended writing tasks for fiction, non-fiction and poetry.
- Uses Sue Palmer's writing skeletons to help pupils' structure both fiction and non-fiction writing.
- Pupil Books can also be used independently of the CDs as a standalone resource.
This page was last updated on 16 July 2017 at 04:30 GMT