Skills in Grammar and Style extends the range of the Framework English series with a scheme specifically aimed at promoting confident usage of grammar and style conventions. Each Pupil Book provides grammar exercises and activities aimed at developing skills in writing.
- Each double page spread starts with explanatory text to help pupils complete the tasks which follow.
- There are three levels of activities: Focus tasks for the lower attainers, Investigation tasks to further challenge pupils, and Extension tasks for the more able pupils.
- Assessment can be monitored at regular intervals in check-up units in the Pupil Book and in Assessment Copymasters in the Resource Book.
- Nelson Thornes Framework English Skills in Grammar and Style also comprises one Resource Book containing differentiated Copymasters for further practice in both skills.
- Hint boxes on the Copymasters help pupils understand the tasks.
- Teachers are supported through a Teacher's Guide. Each Pupil Book double spread is reproduced at the start of the notes for each unit for easy reference.
- The Teacher's Guide also contains solutions to the Copymaster questions and a glossary of grammatical terms at the beginning of the book for easy reference.
This page was last updated on 20 January 2019 at 04:30 GMT