Skills in Spelling and Vocabulary extends the range of the Framework English series with a scheme specifically aimed at securing spelling skills and enriching vocabulary. Each Student Book provides spelling and vocabulary activities aimed at developing skills in writing fiction and non-fiction.
- Each double page spread starts with explanatory text to help pupils complete the tasks which follow.
- There are three levels of activities: Focus tasks for the lower attainers, Investigation tasks to further challenge pupils, and Extension tasks for the more able pupils.
- Assessment can be monitored at regular intervals in check-up units in the Pupil Book and in Assessment Copymasters in the Resource Book.
- Nelson Thornes Framework English Skills in Spelling and Vocabulary also comprises one Resource Book containing differentiated Copymasters for further practice in both skills.
- Hint boxes on the Copymasters help pupils understand the tasks.
- Teachers are supported through a Teacher's Guide. Each Pupil Book double spread is reproduced at the start of the notes for each unit for easy reference.
- The Teacher's Guide also contains solutions to the Copymaster questions and Framework word lists at the beginning of the book for quick reference.
This page was last updated on 10 February 2019 at 04:30 GMT