Building a secure future in mathematics for every child
Author Tony Wing and Author Andrew Jeffrey
Teachers of children aged 10-11
Availability: In stock.
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
Numicon: Geometry, Measurement and Statistics 6 Teaching Pack contains:
Geometry, Measurement and Statistics 6 Teaching Pack comprises a Teaching Resource Handbook and an Implementation Guide for teachers of children aged 10-11. The pack provides step-by-step activities and practice, with planning support and assessment opportunities, alongside advice on how best to implement Numicon
in your school.
- Numicon is research-based and proven to have a significant and lasting impact on results.
- The Teaching Resource Handbook provides step-by-step activities for developing children's understanding of geometry, measurement and statistics.
- The activities are supported by practical planning and assessment opportunities, as well as milestones to help track progress through the year.
- Also included are photocopy masters and a series of investigations.
- All activities come from real classroom experience; extensively trialled with teachers and children.
- 'Low threshold, high ceiling' activities allow you to differentiate for every child through the same activity group.
- Topics are explored through real-life problem solving and discussion, allowing children to investigate.
- Activities include clear instructions, illustrations and a list of the concrete resources used to support learning.
- Photocopiable activities for home allow children to practise and discuss maths in a fun, engaging way.
- The Implementation Guide offers guidance on what Numicon is and advice on how best to implement Numicon in your school.
This page was last updated on 11 April 2021 at 19:30 GMT