Building a secure future in mathematics for every child
Author Tony Wing, Author Jayne Campling, Author Romey Tacon, and Author Adella Osborne
Teachers of children aged 10-11
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
Numicon: Number, Pattern and Calculating 6 Teaching Pack contains:
Number, Pattern and Calculating 6 Teaching Pack comprises a Teaching Resource Handbook and an Implementation Guide for teachers of children aged 10-11. The pack provides step-by-step activities and practice, with planning support and assessment opportunities, alongside advice on how best to implement Numicon
in your school.
- Numicon is research-based and proven to have a significant and lasting impact on results.
- The Teaching Resource Handbook provides step-by-step activities for developing children's understanding of pattern, algebra, number and calculating.
- The activities are supported by practical planning and assessment opportunities, as well as milestones to help track progress through the year.
- Also included are photocopy masters, activities to prepare children for formal testing and a series of investigations.
- 'Low threshold, high ceiling' activities allow you to differentiate for every child in your class through the same activity group.
- Activities are supported by easy to follow instructions and clear illustrations. A list of the concrete objects used to support learning are provided at the start of each activity.
- Activities in the Teaching Resource Handbook have been extensively trialled with teachers and children; all activity groups come from real classroom experience.
- The Implementation Guide offers guidance on what Numicon is and advice on how best to implement Numicon in your school.
This page was last updated on 10 November 2019 at 04:30 GMT