Stories to fire children's imaginations and develop comprehension skills
Series Editor Nikki Gamble
Foundation Stage / Key Stage 1 teachers
YR to Y2 / P1 to P3
Pupils at Oxford Levels 1 to 11 (Pre-Book Band Lilac to Book Band 11 Lime)
4 to 7 year olds
Availability: In stock.
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks
is an emotionally-engaging fiction series that will fire children's imaginations and develop their comprehension skills.
This pack contains 72 books (one copy of every title at Oxford Levels 1 to 11) and both teacher's handbooks, Story Sparks Handbook for Levels 1-5
and Story Sparks Handbook for Levels 6-11
- These imaginative, emotionally-engaging stories encourage reading for pleasure and a love of reading.
- The series develops the deeper comprehension skills children need to reach the higher expectations of the 2014 curriculum.
- The text is phonically decodable at Levels 1+ to 5, with some non-decodable story words to enrich the stories and develop children's vocabularies.
- Wordless books at Level 1 provide engaging stories for children who have not yet learned to decode.
- Talented authors and illustrators provide a broad and varied reading experience that draws readers in - making them think, feel, and enjoy the anticipation of a great story.
- The stories are accompanied by teaching notes and two handbooks, which focus on developing comprehension alongside learning to decode.
- Inside cover notes provide targeted support for parents and teaching assistants.
- The series is underpinned by Oxford Assessment and Levelling, matching every child with the right book and helping them to progress.
- The Series Editor is literacy expert Nikki Gamble.
This page was last updated on 15 April 2021 at 19:30 GMT