This book explores a broad range of the trickiest concepts and misconceptions in the number and algebra topics of secondary maths. From supporting the mastery approach, to answering those awkward but brilliant questions in class, it is crucial reading for all secondary maths teachers wishing to enhance or refresh their own subject knowledge.
- Offers a thorough yet accessible guide to essential concepts in the number and algebra topics of secondary school mathematics
- Incorporates numerous practical activities and discussion points, following the established wisdom that the best way to learn mathematics is by doing mathematics
- Written from one teacher to another, in a warm, supportive tone
- Packed with teaching tips to help students avoid misconceptions and gain a stronger grasp of mathematical principles
- Written by Jemma Sherwood, winner of a silver Pearson Teaching Award for Teacher of the Year in a Secondary School
- Part of the Oxford Teaching Guide series - a range of practical, professional guides for teachers that cover a wide range of key issues in school teaching
This page was last updated on 01 June 2020 at 04:30 GMT