This Student Book is for Year 9 Foundation tier students. It has been adapted from the leading Singapore course to fully match the English Key Stage 3 National Curriculum. Rigorously reviewed by experienced UK and Singapore educators, it harnesses authentic Singaporean mastery values and embeds a growth mindset that everyone can succeed at maths.
- Carefully adapted for the KS3 National Curriculum and rigorously reviewed by experienced UK mastery teachers to ensure it works in the UK classroom.
- Includes learning objectives within each chapter opening, alongside an everyday example of the content to encourage real-life application of maths.
- Aids students' transition to Year 9 through 'Recall' boxes, which provide a reminder of what was covered in previous years.
- Class activities offer a whole-class introduction to topics, with examples of how to teach using a Concrete-Pictorial-Abstract (CPA) approach.
- Incorporates worked examples to give students clear steps of how to present solutions, with hints and discussion points to encourage paired, group and whole-class working.
- Identifies problem-solving opportunities throughout exercises, with two separate problem-solving sections to further encourage skills development.
- Consolidates learning through levelled practice exercises, progressing from basic fluency to problem solving, and through end-of-chapter review exercises.
- Encourages students to reflect upon and embed their learning through a 'Write in Your Journal' feature at the end of each chapter.
- Features short answers in the back of the book to quickly resolve misconceptions, with fully-worked solutions containing GCSE grades in the Teacher Guide.
- Provides progression and practice for Foundation tier students, and is supported by a Workbook, Teacher Guide, Graded Question Bank, and Kerboodle digital resources.
This page was last updated on 23 February 2020 at 04:30 GMT