Stories to fire children's imaginations and deepen comprehension skills
Author Jamie Smart, Author Joanna Nadin, Author Timothy Knapman, Author Simon Puttock, Author Abie Longstaff, Author Narinder Dhami, Illustrator Jamie Smart, Illustrator Marion Lindsay, Illustrator Steve May, Illustrator Thomas Docherty, Illustrator Natalie Eldred, Illustrator Anni Axworthy, and Series Editor Nikki Gamble
Key Stage 1 teachers
Y1 / P2
Pupils at Oxford Level 5 (Book Band 5 Green)
5 to 6 year olds
Availability: In stock.
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 5: Mixed Pack of 6 contains:
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 5: Pip, Lop, Mip, Bop and the Bumbles
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 5: Tomorrow Never Comes
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 5: The Night Knight
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 5: Snoot's Birthday Surprise
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 5: Sometimes Mum is Silly
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 5: The Festival of Colours
is a phonically decodable variety fiction series, designed to develop comprehension skills.
This pack of 6 books contains 1 copy of Pip, Lop, Mip, Bop and the Bumbles
, Tomorrow Never Comes
, The Night Knight
, Snoot's Birthday Surprise
, Sometimes Mum is Silly
and The Festival of Colours
- These imaginative, emotionally-engaging stories encourage reading for pleasure and a love of reading.
- The series develops the comprehension skills children need to reach the expectations of the 2014 National Curriculum.
- The text is phonically decodable at Levels 1+ to 5, with some non-decodable story words to enrich the stories and develop children's vocabularies.
- Wordless books at Level 1 provide engaging stories for children who have not yet learned to decode.
- Talented authors and illustrators provide a broad and varied reading experience that draws readers in - making them think, feel, and enjoy the anticipation of a great story.
- The stories are accompanied by teaching notes and a handbook, which focus on developing comprehension alongside learning to decode.
- Inside cover notes provide targeted support for parents and teaching assistants.
- The series is underpinned by Oxford Assessment and Levelling, matching every child with the right book and helping them to progress.
- The Series Editor is literacy expert Nikki Gamble.
|Letters and Sounds phase
This page was last updated on 04 March 2021 at 20:30 GMT