Stories to fire children's imaginations and deepen comprehension skills
Author Teresa Heapy, Author Paeony Lewis, Author Jan Burchett, Author Sara Vogler, Author Kate Scott, Author Abie Longstaff, Author Peter Bently, Illustrator Sarah Horne, Illustrator Jonny Lambert, Illustrator Shahab Shamshirsaz, Illustrator Ivana G. Kuman, Illustrator Mar Ferrero, Illustrator Sophia Touliatou, and others
Foundation Stage teachers
YR / P1
Pupils at Oxford Level 3 (Book Band 3 Yellow)
4 to 5 year olds
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 3: Mixed Pack of 6 contains:
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 3: Sam's Big Dinner
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 3: Thing
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 3: Attack of the Snails
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 3: Fang and the Dentist
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 3: We Want a Dog!
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 3: Ella Bella Boon
is an emotionally-engaging and phonically decodable variety fiction series that is designed to develop comprehension skills.
This pack of six books contains one copy of: Sam's Big Dinner
, Attack of the Snails
, Fang and the Dentist
, We Want a Dog!
and Ella Bella Boon
- These imaginative, emotionally-engaging stories encourage reading for pleasure and a love of reading.
- The series develops the comprehension skills children need to reach the expectations of the 2014 National Curriculum.
- The text is phonically decodable at Levels 1+ to 5, with some non-decodable story words to enrich the stories and develop children's vocabularies.
- Wordless books at Level 1 provide engaging stories for children who have not yet learned to decode.
- Talented authors and illustrators provide a broad and varied reading experience that draws readers in - making them think, feel, and enjoy the anticipation of a great story.
- The stories are accompanied by teaching notes and a handbook, which focus on developing comprehension alongside learning to decode.
- Inside cover notes provide targeted support for parents and teaching assistants.
- The series is underpinned by Oxford Assessment and Levelling, matching every child with the right book and helping them to progress.
- The Series Editor is literacy expert Nikki Gamble.
This page was last updated on 17 November 2019 at 04:30 GMT