Stories to fire children's imaginations and deepen comprehension skills
Author Liz Miles, Author Catherine Baker, Author Paul Shipton, Author Narinder Dhami, Author Jeanne Willis, Illustrator Aleksei Bitskoff, Illustrator Leo Antolini, Illustrator Trevor Dunton, Illustrator Tomislav Zlatic, Illustrator Colin Jack, Illustrator Amy Proud, and Series Editor Nikki Gamble
Foundation Stage teachers
YR / P1
Pupils at Oxford Level 2 (Book Band 2 Red)
4 to 5 year olds
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 2: Class Pack of 36 contains:
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 2: Dad, Can You Do This?
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 2: The Bucket Rocket
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 2: Detective Quack and the Missing Nut
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 2: The Ant and the Carrot
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 2: The Pet Show
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 2: Fishing Boots
is an emotionally-engaging, phonically decodable variety fiction series, designed to develop comprehension.
This pack of 36 books contains 6 copies of: Dad, Can You Do This?
, The Bucket Rocket
, Detective Quack and the Missing Nut
, The Ant and the Carrot
, The Pet Show
and Fishing Boots
- These imaginative, emotionally-engaging stories encourage reading for pleasure and a love of reading.
- The series develops the comprehension skills children need to reach the expectations of the 2014 National Curriculum.
- The text is phonically decodable at Levels 1+ to 5, with some non-decodable story words to enrich the stories and develop children's vocabularies.
- Wordless books at Level 1 provide engaging stories for children who have not yet learned to decode.
- Talented authors and illustrators provide a broad and varied reading experience that draws readers in - making them think, feel, and enjoy the anticipation of a great story.
- The stories are accompanied by teaching notes and a handbook, which focus on developing comprehension alongside learning to decode.
- Inside cover notes provide targeted support for parents and teaching assistants.
- The series is underpinned by Oxford Assessment and Levelling, matching every child with the right book and helping them to progress.
- The Series Editor is literacy expert Nikki Gamble.
This page was last updated on 16 January 2019 at 04:30 GMT