Stories to fire children's imaginations and deepen comprehension skills
Author Michelle Robinson, Author Teresa Heapy, Author Becca Heddle, Author Cheryl Palin, Author Narinder Dhami, Author Juliet Clare Bell, Illustrator Ashley King, Illustrator Sarah Horne, Illustrator John Solomon, Illustrator Sarah Jennings, Illustrator Feronia Parker-Thomas, Illustrator Daron Parton, and Series Editor Nikki Gamble
Foundation Stage teachers
YR / P1
Pupils at Oxford Level 1+ (Book Band 1 Pink)
4 to 5 year olds
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 1+: Mixed Pack of 6 contains:
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 1+: Bam and Red
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 1+: Sam's Backpack
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 1+: The Drum
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 1+: The Dragon Balloon
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 1+: A Bump in the Bed
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 1+: A Big Egg for Hen
is an emotionally-engaging and phonically decodable variety fiction series that is designed to develop comprehension skills.
This pack of six books contains one copy of: Bam and Red
, Sam's Backpack
, The Drum
, The Dragon Balloon
, A Bump in the Bed
and A Big Egg for Hen
- These imaginative, emotionally-engaging stories encourage reading for pleasure and a love of reading.
- The series develops the comprehension skills children need to reach the expectations of the 2014 National Curriculum.
- The text is phonically decodable at Levels 1+ to 5, with some non-decodable story words to enrich the stories and develop children's vocabularies.
- Wordless books at Level 1 provide engaging stories for children who have not yet learned to decode.
- Talented authors and illustrators provide a broad and varied reading experience that draws readers in - making them think, feel, and enjoy the anticipation of a great story.
- The stories are accompanied by teaching notes and a handbook, which focus on developing comprehension alongside learning to decode.
- Inside cover notes provide targeted support for parents and teaching assistants.
- The series is underpinned by Oxford Assessment and Levelling, matching every child with the right book and helping them to progress.
- The Series Editor is literacy expert Nikki Gamble.
This page was last updated on 17 February 2019 at 04:30 GMT