Stories to fire children's imaginations and deepen comprehension skills
Author Juliet Clare Bell, Author Karra McFarlane, Author Pippa Goodhart, Author Jeanne Willis, Author Jo Franklin, Author Mike Brownlow, Illustrator Kate Leake, Illustrator Hannah George, Illustrator Ben Whitehouse, Illustrator Emma Levey, Illustrator Mirella Mariani, Illustrator Amy Adele Seymour, and Series Editor Nikki Gamble
Foundation Stage teachers
YR / P1
Pupils at Oxford Level 1 (Pre-Book Band Lilac)
4 to 5 year olds
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 1: Mixed Pack of 6 contains:
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 1: The Lonely Monster
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 1: My New Brother
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 1: Rocket Girl
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 1: Hamster Party
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 1: The Big, Bad Box
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 1: The Last Little Dragon
is an emotionally-engaging and phonically decodable variety fiction series, designed to develop comprehension skills.
This pack of six wordless books contains one copy of: The Lonely Monster
, My New Brother
, Rocket Girl
, Hamster Party
, The Big, Bad Box
and The Last Little Dragon
- These imaginative, emotionally-engaging stories encourage reading for pleasure and a love of reading.
- The series develops the comprehension skills children need to reach the expectations of the 2014 National Curriculum.
- The text is phonically decodable at Levels 1+ to 5, with some non-decodable story words to enrich the stories and develop children's vocabularies.
- Wordless books at Level 1 provide engaging stories for children who have not yet learned to decode.
- Talented authors and illustrators provide a broad and varied reading experience that draws readers in - making them think, feel, and enjoy the anticipation of a great story.
- The stories are accompanied by teaching notes and a handbook, which focus on developing comprehension alongside learning to decode.
- Inside cover notes provide targeted support for parents and teaching assistants.
- The series is underpinned by Oxford Assessment and Levelling, matching every child with the right book and helping them to progress.
- The Series Editor is literacy expert Nikki Gamble.
This page was last updated on 17 November 2019 at 04:30 GMT