Stories to fire children's imaginations and develop comprehension skills
Series Editor Nikki Gamble
Foundation Stage / Key Stage 1 teachers
YR to Y1 / P1 to P2
Pupils at Oxford Levels 1 to 5 (Pre-Book Band Lilac to Book Band 5 Green)
4 to 6 year olds
Availability: In stock.
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Levels 1-5: Easy Buy Pack contains:
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 1: Class Pack of 36
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 1+: Class Pack of 36
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 2: Class Pack of 36
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 3: Class Pack of 36
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 4: Class Pack of 36
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Level 5: Class Pack of 36
Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks: Oxford Levels 1-5: Handbook
is an emotionally-engaging variety fiction series that will fire children's imaginations. The books are designed to develop children's comprehension skills and they are phonically decodable.
This pack contains 216 books (six copies of every title at Oxford Levels 1 to 5) and a teacher's Handbook.
- These imaginative, emotionally-engaging stories encourage reading for pleasure and a love of reading.
- The series develops the comprehension skills children need to reach the expectations of the 2014 National Curriculum.
- The text is phonically decodable at Levels 1+ to 5, with some non-decodable story words to enrich the stories and develop children's vocabularies.
- Wordless books at Level 1 provide engaging stories for children who have not yet learned to decode.
- Talented authors and illustrators provide a broad and varied reading experience that draws readers in - making them think, feel, and enjoy the anticipation of a great story.
- The stories are accompanied by teaching notes and a handbook, which focus on developing comprehension alongside learning to decode.
- Inside cover notes provide targeted support for parents and teaching assistants.
- The series is underpinned by Oxford Assessment and Levelling, matching every child with the right book and helping them to progress.
- The Series Editor is literacy expert Nikki Gamble.
|Letters and Sounds phase
This page was last updated on 10 April 2021 at 19:30 GMT