How To Teach Mathematics For Mastery
is a research-informed guide to the key principles of the mastery approach. It summarises a wide range of research in a readable format, providing practical recommendations and guidance to help Secondary maths teachers and heads of department implement the mastery approach in their schools.
- Draws on the wide range of international research that underpins mastery, with examples of the approach in action in UK Secondary schools
- Helps to define what mastery is, and provide much needed Secondary perspective following the expansion of the south Asian approach in English Primary schools
- An invaluable resource for teachers, heads of department and senior leaders exploring mastery implementation, as well as Maths Hub co-ordinators working with Secondary schools
- Written by Dr Helen Drury, Executive Director of Mathematics Mastery and author of the popular Primary maths handbook Mastering Mathematics
- Part of the Oxford Teaching Guide series - a range of practical, professional guides for teachers that cover a wide range of key issues in school teaching
This page was last updated on 24 March 2019 at 04:30 GMT