Topic-linked fiction and non-fiction supporting your wider curriculum
Author Tish Keech, Series Creator Roderick Hunt, and Series Creator Brychta Alex
Key Stage 1 teachers
Availability: In stock.
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
Topic-linked pairs of engaging stories and compelling non-fiction books at Levels 1 to 9. Perfect for encouraging children to enjoy both fiction and non-fiction.
This Handbook provides 36 photocopiable activity sheets to develop children's comprehension, and helps you get the most from the fiction and non-fiction books.
- Topic-linked pairs of imaginative character stories featuring well-loved characters and compelling non-fiction books.
- The books in each pair are linked to each other, so that children reading the fiction will be motivated to read the matching non-fiction afterwards, and vice-versa.
- All pairs focus on a science, geography, history or art topic, so that they support the wider curriculum and link in with subjects being taught in the classroom.
- The series develops the comprehension skills children need to reach the expectations of the 2014 National Curriculum, with comprehension questions included in every book.
- Engaging phonically decodable text is appropriate for developing readers, featuring a limited number of high-interest topic words to enrich and add interest and support vocabulary development.
- Fiction books feature all the characters from the Biff, Chip and Kipper stories. Real-life scenarios and humorous illustrations as well as dramatic magic key adventures inspire and motivate the reader.
- Non-fiction books feature stunning photographs and the varied texts engage readers with new and wide-ranging information.
- All books are accompanied by teaching notes and handbooks, which focus on developing comprehension alongside developing decoding skills, and inside cover notes, which provide targeted support for parents and teaching assistants.
- The series is underpinned by Oxford Levels and the Oxford Reading Criterion Scale, matching every child with the right book through careful grading.
This page was last updated on 27 February 2021 at 20:30 GMT