Topic-linked fiction and non-fiction supporting your wider curriculum
Author and Series Creator Roderick Hunt, Author Kate Scott, Author Paul Shipton, Author Catherine Baker, Author Anita Ganeri, Illustrator and Series Creator Alex Brychta, and Illustrator Nick Schon
Pupils at Oxford Level 5 [Book Band 5 Green, Letters and Sounds Phase 5]
5-6 year olds
Y1 / P2
Key Stage 1 teachers
Availability: In stock.
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
Oxford Reading Tree Explore with Biff, Chip and Kipper: Oxford Level 5: Mixed Pack of 6 contains:
Oxford Reading Tree Explore with Biff, Chip and Kipper: Oxford Level 5: Camel-Back Mountain
Oxford Reading Tree Explore with Biff, Chip and Kipper: Oxford Level 5: Highest Mountain, Deepest Canyon
Oxford Reading Tree Explore with Biff, Chip and Kipper: Oxford Level 5: The Treasure Map
Oxford Reading Tree Explore with Biff, Chip and Kipper: Oxford Level 5: Map, Compass, Explore!
Oxford Reading Tree Explore with Biff, Chip and Kipper: Oxford Level 5: The Strange Beast
Oxford Reading Tree Explore with Biff, Chip and Kipper: Oxford Level 5: Beast Feasts
Topic-linked pairs of engaging character stories and compelling non-fiction books at Level 5. Perfect for deepening reading comprehension.
This pack contains 6 books, one copy of: Camel-Back Mountain
, Highest Mountain, Deepest Canyon
, The Treasure Map
, Map, Compass, Explore!
, The Strange Beast
, Beast Feasts
- Topic-linked pairs of imaginative character stories featuring well-loved characters and compelling non-fiction books.
- The books in each pair are linked to each other, so that children reading the fiction will be motivated to read the matching non-fiction afterwards, and vice-versa.
- All pairs focus on a science, geography, history or art topic, so that they support the wider curriculum and link in with subjects being taught in the classroom.
- The series develops the comprehension skills children need to reach the expectations of the 2014 National Curriculum, with comprehension questions included in every book.
- Engaging phonically decodable text is appropriate for developing readers, featuring a limited number of high-interest topic words to enrich and add interest and support vocabulary development.
- Fiction books feature all the characters from the Biff, Chip and Kipper stories. Real-life scenarios and humorous illustrations as well as dramatic magic key adventures inspire and motivate the reader.
- Non-fiction books feature stunning photographs and the varied texts engage readers with new and wide-ranging information.
- All books are accompanied by teaching notes and handbooks, which focus on developing comprehension alongside developing decoding skills, and inside cover notes, which provide targeted support for parents and teaching assistants.
- The series is underpinned by Oxford Levels and the Oxford Reading Criterion Scale, matching every child with the right book through careful grading.
This page was last updated on 24 September 2021 at 19:30 GMT