Topic-linked fiction and non-fiction supporting your wider curriculum
Author and Series Creator Roderick Hunt, Author Becca Heddle, Author Teresa Heapy, Author Paul Shipton, Author Catherine Baker, Illustrator and Series Creator Alex Brychta, and Illustrator Nick Schon
Pupils at Oxford Level 4 [Book Band 4 Blue, Letters and Sounds Phase 4]
5-6 year olds
Y1 / P2
Key Stage 1 teachers
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
Oxford Reading Tree Explore with Biff, Chip and Kipper: Oxford Level 4: Mixed Pack of 6 contains:
Oxford Reading Tree Explore with Biff, Chip and Kipper: Oxford Level 4: The Mosaic Trail
Oxford Reading Tree Explore with Biff, Chip and Kipper: Oxford Level 4: Mosaic Art
Oxford Reading Tree Explore with Biff, Chip and Kipper: Oxford Level 4: The Stinky Plant
Oxford Reading Tree Explore with Biff, Chip and Kipper: Oxford Level 4: Plants for Dinner
Oxford Reading Tree Explore with Biff, Chip and Kipper: Oxford Level 4: A Dress for Biff
Oxford Reading Tree Explore with Biff, Chip and Kipper: Oxford Level 4: Dressing Up
Topic-linked pairs of engaging character stories and compelling non-fiction books at Level 4. Perfect for deepening comprehension and encouraging children to enjoy both text types.
This pack contains 6 books, one copy of: The Mosaic Trail
, Mosaic Art
, The Stinky Plant
, Plants for Dinner
, A Dress for Biff
, Dressing Up
- Topic-linked pairs of imaginative character stories featuring well-loved characters and compelling non-fiction books.
- The books in each pair are linked to each other, so that children reading the fiction will be motivated to read the matching non-fiction afterwards, and vice-versa.
- All pairs focus on a science, geography, history or art topic, so that they support the wider curriculum and link in with subjects being taught in the classroom.
- The series develops the comprehension skills children need to reach the expectations of the 2014 National Curriculum, with comprehension questions included in every book.
- Engaging phonically decodable text is appropriate for developing readers, featuring a limited number of high-interest topic words to enrich and add interest and support vocabulary development.
- Fiction books feature all the characters from the Biff, Chip and Kipper stories. Real-life scenarios and humorous illustrations as well as dramatic magic key adventures inspire and motivate the reader.
- Non-fiction books feature stunning photographs and the varied texts engage readers with new and wide-ranging information.
- All books are accompanied by teaching notes and handbooks, which focus on developing comprehension alongside developing decoding skills, and inside cover notes, which provide targeted support for parents and teaching assistants.
- The series is underpinned by Oxford Levels and the Oxford Reading Criterion Scale, matching every child with the right book through careful grading.
This page was last updated on 08 December 2019 at 04:30 GMT