Building a secure future in mathematics for every child
Author Tony Wing, Author Romey Tacon, and Author Jayne Campling
Teachers of children aged 8-9
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
Numicon: Number, Pattern and Calculating 4 Teaching Pack contains:
Number, Pattern and Calculating 4 Teaching Pack comprises a Teaching Resource Handbook and an Implementation Guide for teachers of children aged 8-9. The pack provides step-by-step activities and practice, with planning support and assessment opportunities, alongside advice on how best to implement Numicon
in your school.
- Numicon is research-based and proven to have a significant and lasting impact on results.
- The Numicon Number, Pattern and Calculating 4 Teaching Pack comprises a Teaching Resource Handbook and an Implementation Guide, providing the core materials you need to start teaching children aged 8 to 9.
- The Teaching Resource Handbook provides step-by-step activities for developing children's understanding of pattern, algebra, number and calculating.
- Accompanied with editable planning and printable photocopy masters, you can personalise to suit the needs of your children.
- The Implementation Guide offers guidance on what Numicon is and advice on how best to implement Numicon in your school.
- Activities in the Teaching Resource Handbook have been extensively trialled with teachers and children; all activity groups come from real classroom experience.
- 'Low threshold, high ceiling' activities allow you to differentiate for every child in your class through the same activity group.
- Activities are supported by easy to follow instructions and clear illustrations. A list of the concrete objects used to support learning are provided at the start of each activity.
This page was last updated on 10 November 2019 at 04:30 GMT