A whole-school approach to raising writing standards.
ALL UK Primary Schools
Secondary Schools for use at KS3
Availability: In stock.
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
"If a child can't say it, a child can't write it." Big Writing
is a teaching methodology in which pupils learn and develop the ideas, vocabulary and higher level grammatical structures needed to improve their writing almost entirely through talk. Talk the Big Talk
includes a wealth of ideas for promoting quality talk in classrooms and beyond.
- Big Writing teaches children how to write and how to write better
- Includes an overview of the importance of talk in education and beyond
- Contains a wealth of ideas for promoting talk in the Foundation Stage
- Includes practical tips for developing 'higher level' talk as a basis for writing
- Features case studies that evidence the impact of 'Talking the Big Talk'
This page was last updated on 14 May 2021 at 11:30 GMT