Non-fiction to engage children in reading for pleasure
Author Deborah Kespert, Author Emma McFarland, Author Becca Heddle, Series Editor Greg Foot, Author Ali Sparkes, Author Rob Alcraft, and Author Zoë Clarke
Key Stage 2 teachers
Y4 / P5
Pupils at Oxford Levels 14 and 15 (Book Band 13 Grey and 14 Dark Blue)
8-9 year olds
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
Oxford Reading Tree TreeTops inFact: Oxford Level 14/15: Pack of 6 contains:
Oxford Reading Tree TreeTops inFact: Level 14: Step Away from the Kitten!
Oxford Reading Tree TreeTops inFact: Level 14: Explorers: Then and Now
Oxford Reading Tree TreeTops inFact: Level 14: William Kamkwamba: Bright Spark
Oxford Reading Tree TreeTops inFact: Level 15: Rainforest Secrets
Oxford Reading Tree TreeTops inFact: Level 15: Dance!
Oxford Reading Tree TreeTops inFact: Level 15: The Craft of Paper
This pack contains one of the following titles: Step Away from the Kitten!, Explorers, William Kamkwamba, Rainforest Secrets, Dance!, The Craft of Paper
is an exciting non-fiction series for children aged 7 to 11. Its range of subjects and careful levelling make it easy to select books that children will love.
- Compelling and imaginative non-fiction titles to engage children in reading for pleasure as powerfully as fiction does.
- This series has authenticity at its heart, offering books written by experts who are passionate about their subject.
- It offers first-hand personal accounts, distinctive writing styles and quirky child-friendly approaches to subjects.
- The subject matter supports the new content in the wider curriculum.
- Rich and varied text types develop comprehension skills, including understanding non-fiction features.
- Stunning imagery mixes photos with appealing artwork.
- Underpinned by Oxford Assessment and Levelling, matching every child with the right book for them through careful grading.
- The Series Editor is Greg Foot, science presenter.
- Reading notes on the inside cover support children with their reading.
- Teaching notes on Oxford Owl support independent reading, guided reading and writing activities.
This page was last updated on 14 July 2019 at 05:30 GMT