A definitive guide to using manipulatives to teach arithmetic
Rose Griffiths, Sue Gifford, and Jenni Back
Primary school teachers, trainee teachers, early years educators, teaching assistants and anyone working to develop the teaching of number
Availability: This item is temporarily out of stock, but may be ordered now for delivery when back in stock.
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
shares exemplars of good practice drawing on the latest research on using manipulatives to develop understanding of arithmetic. Focusing initially on the teaching of numbers from 1-12, Making Numbers
progresses to 200 and beyond, including ideas for teaching partitioning, arrays, and times tables.
- Provides practical suggestions on how to develop number sense using practical resources
- Photographs exemplify how to use the manipulatives
- Each successive chapter builds on children's understanding gained with smaller numbers
- Underpinned by educational research and classroom practice
- Supported by a series of animations and videos on www.oxfordowl.co.uk
This page was last updated on 26 October 2020 at 20:30 GMT