Non-fiction to engage children in reading for pleasure
Author Becca Heddle, Author Jillian Powell, Author Karra McFarlane, Author Paul Shipton, Author Rob Alcraft, Author Catherine Baker, and Series Editor Nikki Gamble
Foundation Stage teachers
YR / P1
Pupils at Oxford Level 2 (Book Band 2 Red)
4-5 year olds
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
Oxford Reading Tree inFact: Oxford Level 2: Class Pack of 36 contains:
Oxford Reading Tree inFact
Oxford Reading Tree inFact: Oxford Level 2: Exotic Plant Shop
Oxford Reading Tree inFact: Oxford Level 2: Big Animal Vet
Oxford Reading Tree inFact: Oxford Level 2: Pancakes
Oxford Reading Tree inFact: Oxford Level 2: Things with Wings
Oxford Reading Tree inFact: Oxford Level 2: Off to the Beach
Oxford Reading Tree inFact: Oxford Level 2: The Toy Box
is a series of engaging and imaginative non-fiction books which encourage reading for pleasure and are also phonically decodable.
This pack of 36 contains six copies of Exotic Plant Shop
, Big Animal Vet
, Things with Wings
, Off to the Beach
and The Toy Box
- Compelling and imaginative non-fiction titles to engage children in reading for pleasure as powerfully as fiction does.
- Subject matter supports the content in the wider curriculum.
- Engaging and phonically decodable text up to Oxford Level 5 intrigues and encourages new readers, with high-interest topic words to develop vocabulary and add interest.
- Wordless books at Level 1 offer appealing non-fiction for children who have not yet learned to read, giving plenty of opportunities for talk.
- Offers imaginative, child-friendly approaches to subjects including narratives which will teach children something they didn't already know.
- Rich and varied text types develop comprehension skills including understanding non-fiction features.
- Stunning imagery mixes gorgeous photos with appealing artwork.
- Underpinned by Oxford Assessment and Levelling, matching every child with the right book and helping all children to progress.
- The Series Editor is Nikki Gamble, Literacy expert.
- Reading notes on the inside covers support children and parents, while free teaching notes on Oxford Owl support independent reading, guided reading and writing activities.
This page was last updated on 17 November 2019 at 04:30 GMT