Story-based Early Years Programme for multilingual learners of English.
Author Eithne Gallagher
Early Years/ Early Childhood Centre coordinators or Head of Pre-school, teachers in Pre-schools and Early Years centres. Kindergarten Teachers.
Availability: In stock.
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
The fourth of nine exciting stories, in Flitter's First Sparkle
learning a new language causes something extraordinary to happen for Flitter. Story Time audio CD included with space on each page to write words from other languages. Children, parents and teachers will love these beautifully illustrated stories.
- School to home story books can be used to help young learners connect English language in the classroom with their home languages.
- Story books present nine themed topic units in a fun, colourful and engaging way.
- Offers a match to the respected UK Early Years Foundation Stage framework used around the world (EYFS).
- Meets the needs of both ESL and E1L students who are emergent bilinguals within English language Early Years settings.
- Supports ESL teachers in the challenge of delivering an English literacy programme.
- Offers guidance and classroom management advice on EYFS and Interlingual Teaching.
- Complements the wide range of OUP phonically decodable books, first readers and early learning reading resources
- Offers consistency and continuity up through to the first years of primary school because of its connection to Oxford International Primary English Levels 1 - 6
- Gives the teacher the tools for observation and assessment of student learning and tracking progress over the year in readiness for Primary school.
- Provides a simple but strong connection between student, teacher and parent in a 'home-school learning link'.
This page was last updated on 27 February 2021 at 20:30 GMT