The first of nine exciting stories, The First Glitterling
tells of Glit, a friendly creature who lands on earth in Ms Glynn's Early Years classroom. Accompanied by Story Time audio CD and with space in the pages to write words from other languages, children, parents and teachers will love these beautifully illustrated stories.
- School to home story books can be used to help young learners connect English language in the classroom with their home languages.
- Storybooks present nine themed topic units in a fun, colourful and engaging way.
- Offers a match to the respected UK Early Years Foundation Stage Framework used around the world (EYFS).
- Meets the needs of both ESL and E1L students who are emergent bilinguals within English medium Early Years settings.
- Assumes lack of specialist EY training for teachers and the challenge of delivering an English literacy programme when in many cases English isn't their first language. Offers guidance and classroom management advice on EYFS and Interlingual teaching.
- Complements the wide range of OUP phonically decodable books, first readers and early learning reading resources
- Offers consistency and continuity up through to the first years of primary school because of its connection to Oxford International Primary English Levels 1 - 6
- Gives the teacher the tools for observation and assessment of student learning and tracking progress over the year in readiness for Primary school.
- Provides a simple but strong connection between student, teacher and parent in a 'home-school learning link'.
This page was last updated on 16 February 2020 at 04:30 GMT