Story-based Early Years Programme for multilingual learners of English.
Author Eithne Gallagher
Early Years/ Early Childhood Centre coordinators or Head of Pre-school, teachers in Pre-schools and Early Years centres. Kindergarten Teachers.
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
Language and literacy learning using illustration and story. Exciting stories with fun characters that students will get to know and love. Big Story Book for teacher led story time at the front of class. Interlingual teaching and learning methodology enhances English language learning for young children.
- Big Story book can be used for whole class story time led by the teacher.
- Meets the needs of both ESL and E1L students who are emergent bilinguals within English medium Early Years settings.
- Offers a match to the most popular, robust and respected Early Years framework around the world (EYFS).
- Assumes lack of specialist EY training for teachers and the challenge of delivering an English literacy programme when in many cases English isn't their first language. Offers guidance and classroom management advice on EYFS and Interlingual teaching.
- Complements the wide range of OUP phonically decodable books, first readers and early learning reading resources
- Offers consistency and continuity up through to the first years of primary school because of its connection to Oxford International Primary English Levels 1 - 6
- Gives the teacher the tools for observation and assessment of student learning and tracking progress over the year in readiness for Primary school.
- Provides a simple but strong connection between student, teacher and parent in a 'home-school learning link'.
- Addresses the reality of the multilingual child and their families. Children and carers can use the 'take home' story to add in simple words and phrases of the child's mother tongue or second language alongside the English text.
This page was last updated on 16 February 2020 at 04:30 GMT