Story-based Early Years Programme for multilingual learners of English.
Author Eithne Gallagher and Author Miranda Walker
Early Years/ Early Childhood Centre coordinators or Head of Pre-school, teachers in Pre-schools and Early Years centres. Kindergarten Teachers.
You can use the basket to:
- pay by credit card
- order on account
- forward to a colleague
Language and literacy learning using illustration and story. Exciting stories with fun characters that students will get to know and love. Write-in classroom activity book includes simple letter and word recognition, letter formation, art and craft activities, games, puzzles and colour stickers.
- Meets the needs of both ESL and E1L students who are emergent bilinguals within English medium Early Years settings.
- Offers a match to the most popular, robust and respected Early Years framework around the world (EYFS).
- Assumes lack of specialist EY training for teachers and the challenge of delivering an English literacy programme when in many cases English isn't their first language. Offers guidance and classroom management advice on EYFS and Interlingual teaching.
- Complements the wide range of OUP phonically decodable books, first readers and early learning reading resources
- Offers consistency and continuity up through to the first years of primary school because of its connection to Oxford International Primary English Levels 1 - 6
- Gives young learners activities to develop reading, writing, listening and understanding skills through hands on, draw, write, colour, play and games within the activity book.
- Addresses the reality of the multilingual child and their families. Children and carers can use the 'take home' story to add in simple words and phrases of the child's mother tongue or second language alongside the English text.
This page was last updated on 17 November 2019 at 04:30 GMT