The story of Beowulf was written down eleven centuries ago. It is an enduring myth that has inspired storytellers in all genres from poetry to film to comic strips. Here it is retold powerfully for children with incredible illustrations from Charles Keeping.
- A tale so popular it has lasted for 11 centuries.
- Brilliantly retold from original Anglo-Saxon sources by Kevin Crossley-Holland, described by the Guardian as writing 'prose with a poet's eye'.
- Total sales of 82,000 copies.
- Previous edition ISBN: 9780192723697.
- Truly stunning drawings from a luminary in the world of illustration.
- 'Charles Keeping was one of the most distinguished draughtsmen of his generation.' Shirley Hughes.
This page was last updated on 17 November 2019 at 04:30 GMT