This is a phizz-whizzing thesaurus of words invented by No.1 storyteller, Roald Dahl and hundreds of real synonyms gathered together in themes. It's jammed full of words, Quentin Blake's illustrations, and language snippets to inspire children to write about anything - from human beans to witches, to outerspace, to food, giants and more!
- For the first time ever, a children's thesaurus with brilliant words grouped in themes making it easy to dip in to and browse through
- With words about loveliness to words about beastliness, from day to night, from magic to music, it is full of everyday and invented words
- From the children's language experts at Oxford, it is authoritative, fun and accessible
- Real citations from Roald Dahl's children's books and illustrations from Quentin Blake throughout
- Will inspire readers young and old to gobblefunk with words in their creative writing, and build a lasting love of vocabulary and language exploration
- Compiled by the lexicographer Susan Rennie, who compiled the fantabulous Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary and Roald Dahl's Rotsome and Repulsant Words
This page was last updated on 08 December 2019 at 04:30 GMT