When they arrive on Seacrow Island the Melkerson family have doubts about their choice of summer vacation, their little cottage is rundown, and it's pouring with rain, but it's not long before they're won over by the fun, adventure, and friendships that the island has to offer.
- Astrid Lindgren has sold over 145 million copies of her books worldwide, translated into 91 different languages.
- Both Lauren Child and Francesca Simon (two of the UK's most popular children's authors) cite Astrid Lindgren as an immense influence on their childhood and their books.
- The story is utterly enchanting - it captures the picturesque beauty of island life perfectly.
- Perfect for fans of classic stories such as Little Women and Anne of Green Gables.
- Full of eccentric and entertaining characters-just what you would expect from the creator of quirky heroine Pippi Longstocking.
This page was last updated on 09 December 2018 at 04:30 GMT