In this beautifully illustrated picture book, now available for the first time in paperback, Brian Wildsmith tells the story of Mary, the mother of Jesus, in a series of wonderful scenes, framed by gold. We read the touching story of Mary's parents, Anna and Joachim, the birth and childhood of Mary, her marriage to Joseph and the visit by the angel Gabriel. We then travel with Mary to Bethlehem and witness the magic of the Nativity. We watch Jesus growing up in Nazareth and Mary's sadness as he leaves to preach the gospel. We join Mary as she is plunged into grief by the cross and then share her joy in the resurrection. Finally we see Mary's assumption into
- Brian Wildsmith is one of our most internationally acclaimed picture-book writers and artists, he has published with OUP for over forty years.
- A perfect gift for a christening or for a child to give on Mothering Sunday.
- Great for shared reading, either at home or in a Sunday School, assembly or classroom context.
- Generous format is perfect for showcasing the exquisite detail of Brian Wildsmith's artwork.
- Includes the text of The Magnificat and Hail, Mary.
This page was last updated on 10 November 2019 at 04:30 GMT