This best-selling series provides a comprehensive introduction to individual Shakespeare plays for students working towards CSEC
Each companion in this series combines a play-specific contextual introduction with detailed glossaries and further questions to create a full learning and revision resource for students, fostering interest in the plays themselves alongside a solid foundation for exam technique. Key features include:
• Detailed focus on language, imagery and theatricality, balanced by a wider study of characters and context
• Side-by-side text and glossary with line-referenced notes and clear explanations of obscure words and phrases
• Introductory essays, providing students with Shakespeare’s literary and historical context as well as targeted background information specific to each play
• Discursive questions, encouraging continual textual analysis, deep learning and good exam technique
• Scene-by-scene guidance for learning, including regular plot summaries and contextual references linking key characters and themes across the play
The specification in this catalogue, including limitation price, format, extent, number of illustrations and month of publication, was as accurate as possible at the time the catalogue was compiled. Occasionally, due to the nature of some contractual restriction, we are unable to ship specific products to a particular territory. Jacket images are provisional and liable to change before publication.
© 2019 Oxford University Press. All rights reserved.