Oxford Reading Tree
The magic key to a lifelong love of reading
Used in over 100 countries around the world because children just love reading about these fun characters! The series takes children from phonics, through to richer reading which includes breadth and unrivalled support.
- Supports the Cambridge Primary curriculum framework
- Teach phonics - using systematic phonics resources and training that really work
- Practise phonics - with more decodable readers than any other reading programme
- Richer reading - through a huge selection of stories with children's best-loved characters
- Teacher training - free and in-school training built specifically for the international classroom
- Bridge the gap - with support for the transition from phonics into richer reading
- Make progress - through careful levelling
- Support parents - with detailed inside cover notes in every title
- 48 phonics teaching books
- Over 170 decodable books for phonics
- Over 280 Biff, Chip and Kipper adventures for a rich reading experience
- Traditional Tales from around the world
- Fiction, non-fiction and poetry
- Simple, intuitive software
- Teaching support integrated throughout
Find your way around Oxford Reading Tree
See an in-depth overview of each Oxford Reading Level
Download this class reading record for a full list of Oxford Reading Tree and TreeTops titles, with Oxford Levels and Book Bands, that your infants and juniors can fill in as they progress through the series.
Find guidance and support on using Oxford Reading Levels here.
Learn more about Oxford Reading Tree and all available resources
Open up our Interactive Chart to view all of our resources available
Find out more about the support for Oxford Reading Tree on Oxford Owl
Read how Floppy's Phonics raises standards by connecting high quality assessment with effective teaching
Read how Oxford Reading Tree and TreeTops raises standards by connecting high quality assessment with effective teaching
Download your interactive curriculum matching chart for Oxford Reading Tree inFact
See the free videos here.
What does Oxford Reading Tree include?
Topic-linked fiction and non-fiction to support your wider curriculum
For rigorous synthetic phonics teaching
Written by best selling author of The Gruffalo and children's laureate, Julia Donaldson
A series of fully decodable titles to help children practise phonics with their favourite characters
Smooth the transition from phonics into richer reading
Traditional Tales from around the world for ages 4-7
Stories to fire the imagination and develop comprehension skills
This best-loved character series inspires children and helps them to develop as independent readers
Stories covering a range of themes and genres for every reader to enjoy
Inspire, inform and intrigue your children with powerful non-fiction
Expertly levelled intriguing non-fiction for your children to explore
Ensure your higher level readers reach their potential!
Children are highly motivated to develop their reading and progress to the next level of books. They are challenged by extended text and length without realising as they are engaged in the story.
Jacqueline Sharrock, KS1 Teacher and Literacy Co-ordinator, St Bedes College, Manchester.