Oxford Reading Buddy
A new digital reading service to help every child develop key comprehension skills
Oxford Reading Buddy is currently available to selected schools in a beta version as we work to ensure that the service delivers the best possible reading experience for children. Further information will be made available on this page closer to launch.
Oxford Reading Buddy is a digital reading service that supports each child's personal reading journey, motivates them to succeed, and provides teachers with valuable insights into their attainment and development. It is an easy to use and fully optimised digital platform that can be embedded into literacy lessons in order to seamlessly support independent reading.
- Coaching eBooks that contain a personalised ‘Reading Buddy’ who models key comprehension strategies, supporting children as they read
- An extensive eBook library, with hundreds of eBooks from loved and trusted Oxford series such as Oxford Reading Tree, Treetops, and Project X, providing children with extra practice and consolidating their learning
- Comprehension quizzes that are carefully matched to each eBook, as well as further quizzes for Oxford’s print books that teachers may already have in their schools, deepening and developing children’s comprehension skills
- Progression for every child that is underpinned by the expertly devised Oxford Levels system, ensuring every child is reading at the appropriate level for their needs
- Detailed progress reports and data to support teachers with insights into each child’s attainment and reading development, so they can quickly pinpoint where extra support is needed
- An in-built reward system, where children gain badges as they progress in their reading, building motivation into every step of their reading journey
How does Oxford Reading Buddy work in practice?
Take a tour around the Oxford Reading Buddy platform and discover some of the brilliant features it offers.
Hear from schools that use (and love) Oxford Reading Buddy.
Find out more about the pedagogy and research that underpin Oxford Reading Buddy.
No results were found