Oxford Reading Buddy
A new digital reading service to help every child develop key comprehension skills
Oxford Reading Buddy is a digital reading service that supports each child's personal reading journey, motivates them to succeed, and provides teachers with valuable insights into their attainment and development. It is an easy to use and fully optimised digital platform that can be embedded into literacy lessons in order to seamlessly support independent reading.
- Coaching eBooks that are accompanied by a personalised ‘Reading Buddy’ who models key comprehension strategies, supporting children as they read
- An extensive eBook library, with hundreds of eBooks from loved and trusted Oxford series such as Oxford Reading Tree, Treetops, and Project X, providing children with extra practice and consolidating their learning
- Quizzes that are carefully matched to each eBook, as well as further quizzes for Oxford’s print books that teachers may already in their schools, deepening and developing children’s comprehension skills
- Progression for every child that is underpinned by the expertly devised Oxford Levels system, ensuring every child is reading at the appropriate level for their needs
- Detailed progress reports and data to support teachers with insights into each child’s attainment and reading development, so they can quickly pinpoint where extra support is needed
- An in-built reward system, where children gain badges as they progress in their reading, building motivation into every step of their reading journey
How does Oxford Reading Buddy work in practice?
Find out all about the coaching eBooks and quizzes, the wealth of eBooks included, and how you can track progression for each child.
Find Oxford Reading Buddy Support and Advice
Register your interest now for more information about launching Oxford Reading Buddy in your school
The OUP Primary blog is packed with ideas to support whole-school reading progress
Be part of our Facebook community to share ideas with other teachers and celebrate a love of reading
No results were found