Primary maths resources proven to develop numeracy skills
Based on a proven concrete-pictorial-abstract approach, Numicon encourages children to explore maths using structured imagery and apparatus in order to understand and explain mathematical concepts.
- Supports the Cambridge Primary Maths Curriculum framework for classroom use.
- Develops fluency by using a visual, practical base to develop conceptual understanding and fluent recall.
- Helps children to reason mathematically through the use of concrete objects and spoken language to explain and justify.
- The Numicon approach supports the PYP Mathematics Scope and Sequence
- Professional development to suit the needs of your school and staff
- 6 Teaching Handbooks
- 6 Implementation Guides
- 18 Workbooks
- 6 Apparatus packs
- 4 Pupil Books
- 1 Firm Foundations pack
- 1 Online subscription
- 2 Test Practice Question Books
- Additional resource packs for home, nursery, intervention, SEND, and stretch and challenge
What does Numicon deliver?
See an overview of Numicon resources.
See how Numicon can support your teaching of the PYP Mathematics Scope and Sequence.
Read a comprehensive overview of the Numicon programme and its resources.
Take a look at how the Numicon approach can support the PYP Mathematics Scope and Sequence
Curriculum matching charts for all UK curricula
A proven approach for teaching maths loved by teachers and children
Explore Numicon Online in this short video
Evaluate online, free of charge
Read our case studies and discover the proven impact of Numicon in the classroom
Find help and support with your Numicon Online subscription
Numicon in the classroom
Senior Professional Development Leader, Derry Richardson, explains why Numicon continues to be an essential resource at Key Stage 2 and beyond
Ensure successful implementation with our handy 4-step guide
Visit our Numicon board to find more ideas and activities for your classroom
Find out how you can use manipulatives to deepen understanding throughout the whole school
Additional sessions to reinforce and embed key maths concepts
Show Numicon models and images on your whiteboard