Raising Standards in Reading and Writing
This updated edition of the well-loved Nelson English continues to provide an integrated approach to teaching the core literacy skills at primary level: comprehension, writing, grammar, punctuation, spelling and vocabulary.
Now Nelson English offers a starter level to develop children's early reading and writing skills ready for the first year of Primary.
- NEW Starter Level provides resources that specifically cater to Early Years
- Covers both fiction and non-fiction
- Differentiated activities provide varying levels of challenge
- Nelson English is suited to a wide variety of curricula and continues to offer regular opportunities to practice and revisit learning.
- The write-in Workbooks provide a clear record of progress for pupils and offer extra practice with concepts taught in the Pupil Books
- The Teacher's Books offer three stage step-by-step lesson plans, learning objectives and answers to all activities
See all resources
- 3 Workbooks for Starter Level
- 1 Teacher's Book for Starter Level
- 6 Pupil Books for Levels 1-6
- 6 Workbooks for Levels 1-6
- 6 Teacher’s Books for Levels 1-6
- Updated content to match the requirements of the English National Curriculum
- Assessment resources hosted on Oxford Owl
Free resources and downloads
Take a closer look at the components in Nelson English
A complete list of topics covered in in Starter Level and Levels 1-6
See sample pages for the Nelson English Starter Level, new for 2020
Explore Nelson English Online
Support for front of class teaching, blended learning, and assessment