Raising Standards in Reading and Writing
This updated edition of the well-loved Nelson English continues to provide an integrated approach to teaching the core literacy skills at primary level: comprehension, writing, grammar, punctuation, spelling and vocabulary.
Now Nelson English also offers a starter level to develop children's early reading and writing skills ready for the first year of Primary.
- Covers both fiction and non-fiction
- Differentiated activities provide varying levels of challenge
- Nelson English is suited to a wide variety of curricula and continues to offer regular opportunities to practice and revisit learning.
- Develop early reading and writing skills with new Nelson English Starter Level
- The write-in Workbooks provide a clear record of progress for pupils and offer extra practice with concepts taught in the Pupil Books
- The Teacher's Books offer three stage step-by-step lesson plans, learning objectives and answers to all activities
See all resources
- 6 Pupil Books
- 6 Workbooks
- 6 Teacher’s Books
- Updated content to match the requirements of the 2014 English National Curriculum
- Assessment resources hosted on Oxford Owl
Free resources and downloads
Take a closer look at the components in Nelson English
A complete list of topics covered in Levels 1-6
Download our updated Nelson English Skills poster