Story and play-based Early Years resource with multilingualism at its heart
Give your children the best start with our ground breaking approach for early learning.
- The lovable Glitterlings characters love learning languages, helping you to promote a setting where all languages are valued, even when English is the main language being taught.
- Learning objectives clearly linked to the respected Early Years Foundation Stage Framework ensure you are meeting all the prime and specific areas of learning.
- The fun write-in Storybooks can be used in class and at home, helping children to connect the English learnt in school with their home or second language.
- The Activity Book works alongside the Storybooks to support children’s language development with engaging activities, fun stickers and brightly coloured illustrations.
- Teacher Resource Book provides plenty of engaging activities, resource ideas and classroom management advice to ensure you are meeting the unique needs of your young learners.
- The ‘front of class’ Big Books help language learning occur more naturally by immersing your children into the Glitterlings’ adventures.
- Ensure continuity and a smooth transition from Early Years to Primary school with younger versions of our friendly characters from Oxford International English.
- Authored by Eithne Gallagher and Miranda Walker, experts in Interlingual learning and Early Years teaching.
- Complements our wide range of phonically decodable books, first readers and early learning reading resources such as Oxford Reading Tree and Floppy's Phonics.
View structure chart (PDF)
- 9 x Storybooks and Audio CD
- 3 x Big Books
- 1 x Activity Book (including stickers)
- 1 x Teacher Resource Book and CD.
The Glitterlings- sample material and additional resources
The Glitterlings review
"The polyglot Glitterlings may come from two stars left of the moon, but on earth, where young multilingual children are being educated, this English language program gets five stars. Gallagher takes these very young multilingual learners of English on a journey of expansion in which English exists in connection with their own home language and the languages of others in the classrooms. Based on the latest research on language learning, the interlingual approach of the Glitterlings’ books helps young children appropriate the new linguistic features of English in relationship with those they already posses, building a strong foundation for their own language and literacy development, as well as supporting the multilingual planet in which we live.” Ofelia García Professor Ph.D. programs at The Graduate Center, City University of New York
No results were found