Journals Higher Education
Important OUP's Response to COVID-19 Learn more

Synchronization (films, television, and multi-media)

If you wish to use recordings of Oxford University Press’s music within a film, television advertisement, or in any other visual or multi-media product, a licence is required. This type of licence is often referred to as a Film Synchronization licence.

Examples of frequent types of use include:

  • DVD recording of a concert at which music is played
  • Background or title music in a feature film
  • Music used in a television commercial


UK and Rest of World (excluding USA and Canada)

Please complete the Film Synchronization Licence form.

USA and Canada

Please contact our licensing agent, C. F. Peters for all your film synchronization license requests.